Salmon and pea patties with mint raita
Time to make: 45 mins
(at time of publication)
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 3 medium desiree potatoes, unpeeled
- 3/4 cup frozen peas
- 415g can pink salmon in spring water, drained, skin and bones removed, flaked
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons mild curry powder
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3/4 cup dried breadcrumbs
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 200g low-fat natural yoghurt
- 1/2 Lebanese cucumber, ends trimmed and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped mint leaves
- 1 1/2 cups baby spinach leaves, to serve
Total fat 17.9g
Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 4.7g
1 Use a skewer to pierce potatoes all over. Cook potatoes in a medium saucepan of boiling water for 20 minutes, or until tender, adding peas during last 3 minutes of cooking. Drain and set aside. When cool, peel potatoes and return to the pan. Add peas and salmon.
1 Heat oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add the onions and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes, or until soft. Stir in curry powder and 1 crushed garlic clove. Cook, stirring, for 30 seconds, or until fragrant. Add to potato mixture.
3 Add half the breadcrumbs and egg white to potato mixture and use a potato masher to mash until well combined.
Divide mixture into eight equal portions. Shape each portion into a patty. Coat in remaining breadcrumbs. Place on a plate and cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
4 To make raita, combine yoghurt, cucumber, lemon juice, mint and remaining crushed garlic clove in a medium bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and set aside until required.
Place a large non-stick frying pan over a medium-high heat. Spray pan with cooking oil. Cook half the patties for about 2-3 minutes each side, or until golden and hot. Transfer to a plate. Cover with foil. Repeat with remaining patties.
5 Divide spinach among four serving plates. Top with patties and a dollop of raita and serve.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us