Beef tikka sizzler wraps
- 400g beef fillet, cut in strips
- 1 lemon, juice
- 1 ¼ teaspoon ground coriandercilantroX
- 1 ½–2 teaspoons ground chilli
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- olive spray oil
- 4 carrots, peeled, cut in strips
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red capsicum, cut in strips
- 2 courgettezucchiniXszucchini, summer squashX, thinly sliced
- 4 tortilla wraps
- To serve
- 4 tablespoons low-fat plain yoghurt
- 8 tablespoons fruit chutney
- 3 sprigs fresh mint
1 Toss beef in lemon juice. Mix dry herbs and spices together with parsley. Use to coat beef evenly.
2 Heat a non-stick pan or griddle with a little oil. Once hot, add a third of the beef at a time and sear (beef is browned outside and a little pink inside). Repeat with the remaining beef. Set aside and keep warm.
3 Wipe pan, then spray with more oil. Add vegetables. Cook for 3-4 minutes until tender. Return beef to pan for a few minutes to warm through.
4 Heat tortillas following packet directions. Place a quarter of the beef and vegetable mix at one end of each wrap. Roll up to enclose filling. Secure with string. Repeat with each tortilla. Halve, and serve with yoghurt, chutney, and a mint garnish.
Old favourite: Meat and three veg (per serve)
Ingredients: beef, mashed potato, vegetables
Total energy 2110kJ
Total fat 21g (8g saturated fat)
New favourite: Beef tikka sizzler wraps (per serve)
Total energy 1800kJ
Total fat 13g (4g saturated fat)
Why it's better
- Cheaper – save $5.00
- Leaner meat
- Looks appealing
- More fun to eat
- No added fat
- Takes less time – save 10 minutes
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 13g
–Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 7g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like