Salmon ginger cakes with green slaw
- 300g skinless salmon fillets
- 4 spring onions, very finely sliced
- 4cm piece fresh ginger, grated
- 2 cups cooked mashed orange kumarasweet-potatoX
- 1 lime, grated zest
- 1/2 cup wholemeal breadcrumbs
- 3 cups mixed grated courgetteszucchini, summer squashX and cucumbers
- 1 green capsicum, very finely sliced
- 3 tablespoons balsamic dressing made with 2 parts balsamic vinegar to 1 part olive oil
1 Cook salmon in a non-stick pan or microwave until tender. Flake finely with a fork. Place in a bowl.
2 Heat a pan with oil spray and cook 2 onions until softened. Add ginger and cook for a few minutes. Add to salmon.
3 Add kumara with lime zest and breadcrumbs. Season and mix well. Divide into 4 patties. Chill for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, prepare coleslaw: mix ingredients together with remaining spring onions.
4 Spray a non-stick pan with oil. Cook cakes until lightly golden, turning once. Serve with coleslaw.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 22g
Saturated fat 6g
Dietary fibre 5g
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free breadcrumbs.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.