Tasty rice cakes
- 2 cups leftover cooked rice
- 3 eggs
- ¼ cup grated reduced-fat cheese
- 185g can tuna (use lemon pepper flavour if you have it)
- handful fresh herbs (I used parsley and basil)
- salt and pepper, to season
- spray oil
1 Combine all ingredients except oil in a large bowl and stir with a spoon.
2 Heat a pan over a high heat and spray with oil. With clean hands, shape rice mixture into palm-sized patties. Place into the hot pan. Cook for about 5 minutes on each side, until golden and cooked through. Serve with salad, or if you make them without meat or fish, serve them as a tasty side dish with meat.
Double or triple this recipe depending on how many you have to feed.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 19g
–Saturated fat 6g
Dietary fibre 2g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.