Baked honey cheesecake bites with toasted walnut crumb
Time to make: 55 mins , plus 4 hrs or overnight chilling
( Hands-on time: 20 mins )
(at time of publication)
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
200g arrowroot biscuits
2 tablespoons rice bran oil
Toasted walnut crumb
1/3 cup roughly chopped walnut pieces
1 1/2 teaspoons tapioca flour or cornflourcornstarchX
1/2 teaspoon rice bran oil
1/2 teaspoon honey
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
3/4 cup cottage cheese
3/4 cup low-fat plain yoghurt
3/4 cup light cream cheese
1/3 cup honey, warmed until liquid then cooled
1 large egg
1 egg white
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Total fat 6g
Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 0g
- Preheat oven to 160°C. Line a 28cm x 18cm slice tin with baking paper, extending up and over the sides by 2cm.
- In a food processor, pulse biscuits into fine crumbs, add oil and pulse again. Into prepared slice tin, place crumbs, pressing down firmly with the back of a spoon. Bake 4-5 minutes or until light golden. Remove from oven and set aside to cool completely before making the filling.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine all the walnut crumb ingredients, using your hands to coat walnuts evenly. Transfer to an oven tray and bake 6-8 minutes or until lightly toasted. Remove from oven and set aside to cool before transferring to a glass jar.
- Once base has cooled, in the wiped out processor, blend cottage cheese until smooth. Add remaining filling ingredients and pulse until smooth, stopping to scrape down the sides once or twice. Pour over base and cook 30-35 minutes or until set but still slightly wobbly in the centre when gently shaken. Remove from oven and set aside to cool, then refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight until cold and set.
- Once set, trim edges then slice into 3cm squares, scatter tops with toasted walnut crumb and serve.