- ½ cup reduced-fat spread
- ⅓ cup rapadura sugar or brown sugarlight brown cane sugarX
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup plain flourall purpose flourX
- ⅓ cup coconut flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons white chia seeds
- 40g good-quality white chocolate, melted
- 40g 70% dark chocolate, melted
- Preheat oven to 160°C. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, beat spread and sugar with electric beaters until pale and creamy. Add vanilla, beat well.
- Fold in combined sifted flours and baking powder. Fold in chia seeds. Turn mixture onto a lightly floured work bench. Knead until just smooth.
- Divide dough in two. Roll out one portion on a sheet of lightly floured baking paper until about 3-4mm thick. Slide onto a tray and refrigerate for about 10 minutes, or until just firm. Repeat with remaining portion.
- Cut dough into bunny or Easter egg shapes using assorted cutters. Place biscuits on prepared trays. Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until pale golden. Leave on trays to cool.
- When biscuits are cool, spoon melted white and dark chocolate into two separate plastic piping bags. Seal end and snip off tip. Decorate biscuits with chocolate.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 4g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 1g
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free flour and check baking powder and chocolates are gluten free.
Store biscuits in an airtight container in a cool, dry place.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.