Banana and honey cheesecake
Time to make: 1 hr 30 mins , plus cooling
( Hands-on time: 15 mins )
(at time of publication)
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- Biscuit base
- 75g reduced-fat spread
- 175g digestive biscuits, crushed
- 200g Perfect Italiano Light Ricotta Cheese
- 2 x 150g pottles vanilla fromage frais
- 175g Philadelphia extra light cream cheese spread
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 ripe bananas, puréed
- 1 lemon, zest and 2 tablespoons juice
- 115g (1/2 cup) sugar
- 2 tablespoons liquid honey
- 1 tablespoon cornflourcornstarchX
- 1/3 low-fat plain yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon liquid honey
- lemon zest
- fresh mint
Total fat 9g
Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 1g
1 Lightly grease a round loose-bottomed tin, 24cm in diameter and line base with baking paper. Preheat oven to 150°C.
2 Melt spread and add biscuits. Press mixture to line the base of prepared tin. Set aside.
3 To make filling, place filling ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth. Pour over biscuit base and bake at 150°C for 1–1 1/4 hours. Turn oven off and leave for 2 more hours to allow cheesecake to firm completely.
4 Remove from tin. Cool completely. Chill before topping with yoghurt and a drizzle of honey. Serve topped with lemon zest and garnished with mint.