Bean quesadilla with tomato salsa
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 1/4 cup chilli-flavoured beans
- 1/4 cup corn sweetcornXkernels
- 1/2 small red capsicum, chopped
- 1 spring onion, chopped
- 25g reduced-fat cheddar, grated
- 2 small (40g) wholemeal pita pockets
- 1/2 cup baby spinach
- 1/4 small avocado, diced
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped coriandercilantroX (optional)
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat sour cream, to serve
Total fat 22g
Saturated fat 7g
Dietary fibre 15g
1 In a small bowl, lightly mash beans, corn, capsicum, spring onion and cheddar.
2 Top a pita pocket with baby spinach and bean mixture. Top with remaining pita pocket and toast in sandwich press for 1-2 minutes, or until cheese melts.
3 Combine avocado, tomato and coriander (if using) to make salsa. Cut cooked quesadilla in half or quarters. Top with tomato salsa and sour cream.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free pita and check beans and sour cream are gluten free.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us