Beetroot, apple and ginger soup
(at time of publication)
- spray olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 500g beetrootbeetsX, peeled, chopped
- 1 Royal Gala apple, peeled, chopped
- 3cm piece fresh ginger, peeled, chopped
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 cups reduced-salt vegetable stock
- 4 tablespoons low-fat plain yoghurt, to serve
- fresh basil leaves, to garnish
- 4 slices wholegrain sourdough or other grainy bread
1 Spray a large saucepan with oil and set over a medium heat. Sauté onion, celery, garlic and beetroot for 5 minutes, or until softened.
2 Add apple, ginger, cumin, stock and 1¼ cups water to the pan. Bring to the boil, then reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer for 35 minutes.
3 In a blender or food processor, blitz the soup until smooth, then season with pepper. Ladle soup into 4 bowls, top with reserved peas and parsley. Serve with bread.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free bread and check cumin and stock are gluten free.
Suitable to freeze.
NOTE: If you have a nut allergy and are using packaged goods in recipes, please check the allergen warning on the packet regarding nuts.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 4g
–Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 7g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information