Beetroot, apple and ginger soup
Time to make: 50 mins
( Hands-on time: 10 mins )
(at time of publication)
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- spray olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 500g beetrootbeetsX, peeled, chopped
- 1 Royal Gala apple, peeled, chopped
- 3cm piece fresh ginger, peeled, chopped
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 cups reduced-salt vegetable stock
- 4 tablespoons low-fat plain yoghurt, to serve
- fresh basil leaves, to garnish
- 4 slices wholegrain sourdough or other grainy bread
Total fat 4g
Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 7g
1 Spray a large saucepan with oil and set over a medium heat. Sauté onion, celery, garlic and beetroot for 5 minutes, or until softened.
2 Add apple, ginger, cumin, stock and 1¼ cups water to the pan. Bring to the boil, then reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer for 35 minutes.
3 In a blender or food processor, blitz the soup until smooth, then season with pepper. Ladle soup into 4 bowls, top with reserved peas and parsley. Serve with bread.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free bread and check cumin and stock are gluten free.
Suitable to freeze.
NOTE: If you have a nut allergy and are using packaged goods in recipes, please check the allergen warning on the packet regarding nuts.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us