Roasted pumpkin with haloumi, crispy lentils and coriander dressing
(at time of publication)
- ½ cup dried puy lentils (see tip)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1.3kg crown pumpkin, peeled, cut into bite-sized chunks
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- pinch of salt, to season
- pepper, to season
- ¼ teaspoon cumin seeds
- ¼ teaspoon ground coriandercilantroX
- ¼ teaspoon ground paprika
- 90g haloumi
- CorianderCilantroX dressing
- 1 bunch chopped fresh coriandercilantroX
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- pepper, to season
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Place lentils and bay leaf in a medium saucepan and cover with water. Bring to the boil, then simmer for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain well, discard bay leaf.
- Meanwhile, on a baking tray arrange pumpkin. Drizzle with 1-2 tablespoons olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast 30-35 minutes, until golden, turning once during cooking. Remove from oven, leaving oven on.
- Transfer drained lentils to a separate baking tray, drizzle with remaining olive oil and scatter over spices. Mix well then roast in the oven 15-20 minutes, stirring once during cooking, until golden and crispy. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, prepare dressing. Place coriander and garlic into a small food processor and pulse until roughly chopped. Add lemon juice, olive oil and season with pepper. Blend until smooth.
- Slice haloumi into thin slices and cook in a hot non-stick pan, turning, until golden on both sides.
- To serve, place pumpkin on a platter, top with haloumi, scatter over lentils and drizzle with coriander dressing.
Make it vegan: Replace haloumi with marinated tofu.
Puy lentils are sometimes referred to as French-style or French-green lentils, and are available from supermarkets.
You might find you don’t need to use all the crispy lentils for this dish. They can be stored in a glass jar for 2-3 days and are tasty added to salads or eaten as a snack.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 24g
–Saturated fat 7g
Dietary fibre 11g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.