Cherry-topped meringue nests
Time to make: 1 hr 20 mins
( Hands-on time: 20 mins )
(at time of publication)
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cornflourcornstarchX a few drops vanilla essence
- 1/4 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 2 x 150g low-fat vanilla fromage frais (Frûche)
- 20-24 cherries (de- stonepitXd, if preferred)
Total fat 1g
Saturated fat 0.00g
Dietary fibre 1g
1 Preheat oven to 130°C. Place egg whites in a bowl and whisk until stiff.
2 Whisk in sugar half at a time until stiff. Fold in cornflour, vanilla and vinegar.
3 Spoon mixture into a piping bag and pipe out 4 meringue swirls, about 11cm rounds, leaving space in between on a baking tray, or place spoonfuls of mixture on a baking tray to make small nests. Use a spoon to make a crater in the middle of each meringue to form a nest.
4 Bake for 1 hour or until firm. Leave to cool.
5 Place a meringue on a plate, top with fromage frais and some cherries.
- Use 4 chopped plums instead of cherries.
- Make it gluten free: Check cornflour and Frûche are gluten free.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us