Chicken and bacon spaghetti with pistachio gremolata
- 300g wholemeal spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 125g bacon rashers, thinly sliced
- 400g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 medium courgetteszucchini, summer squashX, thinly sliced
- 1 ½ cups shredded cooked chicken breast
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped pistachios
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon rind
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
1 Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of boiling water, following packet instructions, until al dente. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup of the cooking liquid.
2 Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add bacon, cook, stirring, for 5 minutes, or until the bacon is golden and crispy.
3 Add cherry tomatoes, courgettes, cooking liquid and chicken to pan with the bacon. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes, or until the tomatoes are slightly softened. Add cooked pasta and toss well.
4 Meanwhile, combine chopped pistachios, grated lemon rind and parsley in a small bowl to make gremolata. Divide pasta among 4 serving bowls. Sprinkle with pistachio gremolata and serve.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 13g
–Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 10g
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free pasta and check bacon is gluten free.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us