Chicken and cashew chow meinReviewed by our expert panel
(at time of publication)
- 375g pack dried thin noodles
- ¼ cup liquid salt-reduced chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons salt-reduced soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Chinese rice wine or dry sherry
- spray oil, to grease
- 400g chicken breast fillets, thinly sliced
- 1 onion, cut in thin wedges
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- 2 red capsicums, deseeded, thinly sliced
- 150g snow peas, trimmed, sliced
- ¼ cup roasted cashews, chopped
1 Cook noodles following packet directions and drain. Set aside. Combine stock, soy sauce and rice wine. Set aside.
2 Spray a large wok with oil and place over a high heat. Stir-fry chicken in batches for 3-5 minutes until golden and cooked through. Remove from wok and set aside.
3 Return wok to high heat and spray with a little more oil. Add onion and garlic. Stir-fry for 2 minutes until golden. Add sprouts, capsicums and snow peas. Stir-fry for 3 more minutes. Add cooked noodles, chicken and rice wine sauce. Heat through and toss to coat all ingredients. Garnish with cashews before serving.
- Make it vegetarian: Replace chicken with 400g firm tofu cut in 2cm cubes.
- Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free varieties of noodles, chicken stock and soy sauce.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 12g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 7g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information