Spiced chicken with sweet corn saladReviewed by our expert panel
(at time of publication)
- Spice rub
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 4 teaspoons ground coriandercilantroX
- 1 teaspoon brown sugarlight brown cane sugarX
- 500g skinless boneless chicken thighs
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 ½ cups peeled, cored, diced pineapple
- 4 spring onions, finely sliced diagonally
- 250g punnet cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, diced
- small bunch coriandercilantroX, leaves only
- kernels sliced off 3 large corn sweetcornXcobs, or 3 cups frozen sweet corn sweetcornXkernels (thawed)
- juice of ½ a lime
- 4 lime halves, to serve (optional)
1 Combine all spice rub ingredients in a large bowl.
Step Rub chicken thighs with spice. Heat oil in a large non-stick frying pan set over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook for 3-4 minutes per side, or until cooked through.
3 Meanwhile, place pineapple, spring onion, cherry tomatoes, cucumber and coriander in a large salad bowl. Mix to combine.
4 Add corn kernels to frying pan and cook, stirring occasionally, for 2–3 minutes, or until they start to turn golden. Add corn kernels to salad bowl and stir lime juice through salad.
5 Top sweet corn salad with slices of chicken and add a lime half to each plate (if using). Serve immediately.
- To keep the cost down, use lemons instead of limes, or use packaged fresh lime juice.
- For extra spice, add chilli powder or flakes into the spice rub.
- Make it gluten free: Check ground spices are gluten free.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 11g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 9g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information