Chicken, fennel and grilled red cabbage slaw
- oil spray
- ½ red cabbage, cut into wedges
- 2 bulbs fennel, shaved
- 1 pear, finely sliced
- 2 parsnips, peeled and grated
- 1 carrot, grated
- ⅓ cup roughly chopped, toasted mixed nuts
- small handful fresh marjoram or oregano
- 500g chicken breasts, cooked then shredded
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Spray barbecue plate or grill pan with oil and heat to high. Char cabbage wedges for 2 minutes either side to give a nice smoky flavour.
- In a large bowl, add fennel, pear, parsnips, carrot, mixed nuts and marjoram. Add cooked chicken and squeeze over lemon juice. Add sesame and olive oil and toss gently. Add cabbage wedges and toss again.
- Divide between 4 serving bowls and serve.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 19g
Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 13g
Make it low FODMAP: Limit fennel shavings to 2 cups, omit pear, and use a nut mix without cashews.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us