Salmon and avocado iceberg cups
(at time of publication)
- 200g fresh salmon fillet, skin off, cut in 0.5cm dice
- ¾ teaspoon finely minced or grated ginger
- 3 limes, juice
- 2 tablespoons salt-reduced soy sauce
- 1 ½ teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 ½ tablespoons finely minced red onion
- 1 teaspoon hot chilli sauce (optional)
- 1 iceberg lettuce
- 3-4 tablespoons chopped fresh coriandercilantroX
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- 1 avocado, peeled, diced
- ½ telegraph cucumber, deseeded, diced
- 1-2 teaspoons toasted sesame seeds (black and/or white)
1 In a bowl mix salmon with ginger, lime juice, soy sauce, sesame oil, red onion and chilli sauce (if using). Place in the fridge to marinate for 5-10 minutes.
2 Meanwhile, remove outer leaves of iceberg and cut off stem. Cut the lettuce body in half and use fingers to gently pry leaves apart to get individual lettuce ‘cups’.
3 Just before serving, mix all the remaining ingredients - except sesame seeds - with the salmon. Serve salmon in a bowl alongside a plate of iceberg cups.
4 To serve spoon some salmon mix into an iceberg cup, sprinkle over sesame seeds, roll up and pop in your mouth to eat.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free soy sauce and chilli sauce.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 21g
–Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 3g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.