Chicken noodle stir-fry
Last updated date: 7 July 2021
(at time of publication)
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 tablespoons salt-reduced soy sauce
- ¼ cup sweet chilli sauce
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil or sunflower oil
- 500g skinless boneless chicken breast, sliced
- 500g chunky stir-fry vegetables
- 2 stalks celery, washed, thickly sliced
- 250g mung bean sprouts
- 350g fresh Singapore noodles
1 To make stir-fry sauce, in a small bowl mix garlic, soy sauce and sweet chilli sauce together. Set aside.
2 Add 1 tablespoon oil to a hot wok or hot deep frying pan. Add half of the chicken slices and stir-fry quickly until lightly golden on both sides. Transfer to a plate, cover and keep warm. Repeat with the remaining chicken.
3 Reheat wok or frying pan and add the remaining oil. In a very hot pan add vegetables and celery. Cook over a hot heat, stirring, for 2-3 minutes. Add stir-fry sauce, bean sprouts and Singapore noodles. Stir through to cook evenly for 2 more minutes. Add cooked chicken and toss through until well mixed. Serve in bowls.
- Use different noodles – try hokkien noodles – and add different meats such as sliced leftover barbecued steak.
- For a more exotic stir-fry add toasted cashew nuts and fried shallots to serve.
- Make it vegetarian: Use 300g firm tofu instead of chicken.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 21g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 3g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.