Chicken noodle stir-fry
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 tablespoons salt-reduced soy sauce
- ¼ cup sweet chilli sauce
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil or sunflower oil
- 500g skinless boneless chicken breast, sliced
- 500g chunky stir-fry vegetables
- 2 stalks celery, washed, thickly sliced
- 250g mung bean sprouts
- 350g fresh Singapore noodles
1 To make stir-fry sauce, in a small bowl mix garlic, soy sauce and sweet chilli sauce together. Set aside.
2 Add 1 tablespoon oil to a hot wok or hot deep frying pan. Add half of the chicken slices and stir-fry quickly until lightly golden on both sides. Transfer to a plate, cover and keep warm. Repeat with the remaining chicken.
3 Reheat wok or frying pan and add the remaining oil. In a very hot pan add vegetables and celery. Cook over a hot heat, stirring, for 2-3 minutes. Add stir-fry sauce, bean sprouts and Singapore noodles. Stir through to cook evenly for 2 more minutes. Add cooked chicken and toss through until well mixed. Serve in bowls.
- Use different noodles – try hokkien noodles – and add different meats such as sliced leftover barbecued steak.
- For a more exotic stir-fry add toasted cashew nuts and fried shallots to serve.
- Make it vegetarian: Use 300g firm tofu instead of chicken.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 21g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 3g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like