Chilli marinadeReviewed by our expert panel
(at time of publication)
- ½ cup sweet chilli sauce
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- ½ cup fresh coriandercilantroX
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
1 Mix all ingredients together and use to coat chicken. Marinate for at least 1 hour.
2 Heat a non-stick pan until hot then stir-fry chicken until evenly cooked.
Works well with chicken pieces (cut in strips). Add some stir-fry vegetables and cook for 3-4 more minutes.
Make it gluten free: Check sweet chilli sauce and fish sauce are gluten free.
- Marinade keeps for 2 days in a sealed container in the fridge.
- Works well with chicken pieces (cut in strips).
- Use lean cuts of meat.
- Place marinade and meat in a non-metallic dish to marinate.
- To allow flavours to be absorbed into the food, use a sharp knife to make slits in the surface of the meat before marinating.
- Once marinated, keep meat and fish in the fridge covered until ready to cook.
- Once cooked, leave meat to stand for 5-10 minutes to allow the meat to rest so the juices re-absorb into the meat.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 1g
–Saturated fat 0g
Dietary fibre 0g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information