Spicy vegetarian mince crunchy lettuce cups
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 4 spring onions, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 5cm piece ginger, finely chopped
- 2 capsicums, diced
- 400g vegetarian mince ground beefXalternative
- 1 tablespoon reduced-salt soy sauce
- 2 carrots, julienned or grated
- 4 radishes, finely sliced
- 4 tablespoons toasted almonds, roughly chopped
- 1 iceberg lettuce, leaves separated
- sriracha or other chilli sauce (optional)
- sesame seeds, to garnish (optional)
- In a pan, heat sesame oil over medium-high. Add spring onions, garlic, ginger and capsicums and cook, stirring, for 3-4 minutes. Add vege mince alternative, soy sauce and 1/2 cup water and cook, stirring, until liquid has reduced. Remove from heat.
- Add carrots, radishes and almonds and stir through mixture.
- Assemble by placing spoonfuls of mince mixture into lettuce leaf ‘cups’. Drizzle with sriracha, if using, and garnish with sesame seeds, if desired.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free sauces
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 9g
–Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 12g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.