HFG Thai chicken curry
(at time of publication)
- 1 can light coconut evaporated milk
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 400g chicken breast, skin removed
- 1 tablespoon Thai curry paste
- 2 cups vegetables of your choice, chopped: broccoli, beans, peas, carrots
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugarlight brown cane sugarX
- zest and juice of 1 lime (optional)
- fresh chilli to taste (optional)
- 2 tablespoons each chopped fresh coriandercilantroX and basil (optional)
1 Cut the chicken breast into bite-sized pieces. Heat the oil over a moderate heat in a large pan. Fry the onion and garlic gently until soft. Add the chicken to the pan and stir-fry until browned.
2 Add the curry paste and stir to combine. Cook for 2-3 minutes, until the paste is evenly dispersed.
3 Add the evaporated milk along with the sugar and fish sauce. Bring to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes, until some of the milk has reduced. Taste and adjust the seasonings to suit.
4 Add the vegetables to the pan. If you like more liquid, add a little water. Cook another 5 minutes, then add the lime zest, chilli, basil and coriander, if using. Turn off the heat and leave to sit for 5 minutes. Serve with plain jasmine or basmati rice.
Make it gluten free: Check curry paste is gluten free.
If you can’t find coconut-flavoured evaporated milk, use 3 capfuls (about 15 ml) coconut essence to 1 can light evaporated milk.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 9.6g
–Saturated fat 3.7g
Dietary fibre 2.9g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us