HFG Thai chicken curry
(at time of publication)
- 1 can light coconut evaporated milk
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 400g chicken breast, skin removed
- 1 tablespoon Thai curry paste
- 2 cups vegetables of your choice, chopped: broccoli, beans, peas, carrots
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugarlight brown cane sugarX
- zest and juice of 1 lime (optional)
- fresh chilli to taste (optional)
- 2 tablespoons each chopped fresh coriandercilantroX and basil (optional)
1 Cut the chicken breast into bite-sized pieces. Heat the oil over a moderate heat in a large pan. Fry the onion and garlic gently until soft. Add the chicken to the pan and stir-fry until browned.
2 Add the curry paste and stir to combine. Cook for 2-3 minutes, until the paste is evenly dispersed.
3 Add the evaporated milk along with the sugar and fish sauce. Bring to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes, until some of the milk has reduced. Taste and adjust the seasonings to suit.
4 Add the vegetables to the pan. If you like more liquid, add a little water. Cook another 5 minutes, then add the lime zest, chilli, basil and coriander, if using. Turn off the heat and leave to sit for 5 minutes. Serve with plain jasmine or basmati rice.
Make it gluten free: Check curry paste is gluten free.
If you can’t find coconut-flavoured evaporated milk, use 3 capfuls (about 15 ml) coconut essence to 1 can light evaporated milk.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 9.6g
–Saturated fat 3.7g
Dietary fibre 2.9g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information