Cucumber and pear streusel muffins
Time to make: 45 mins
( Hands-on time: 20 mins )
(at time of publication)
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, roughly chopped
- 1 3/4 cups self-raising flour
- 1/2 cup rolled oatsoatmeal uncookedX, plus extra
- 2 tablespoons
- 1 teaspoon mixed spice, plus extra 1/4 teaspoon
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, plus extra 2 tablespoons
- 3 tablespoons brown sugarlight brown cane sugarX
- 2 eggs
- 1 large pear, skin intact, grated
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat natural yoghurt
Total fat 7g
Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 2g
1 Preheat oven to 160°C. Line a 12-hole muffin tin with paper cases. Place the cucumbers in a bowl and blitz with a stick blender until almost smooth.
2 Combine flour, oats, spice and pecans with 2 tablespoons of the brown sugar in a large bowl; make a well in the centre. Add cucumber to bowl with eggs, pear and yoghurt; mix until all ingredients are moist, then spoon evenly into muffin tin.
3 Combine extra oats, spice and pecans with remaining sugar to make streusel topping; mix well and scatter over muffins. Bake for 25 minutes, or until lightly golden. Transfer muffins to a wire rack to cool.
Make it dairy-free: Swap yoghurt for 50g melted dairy-free spread.
Store muffins in an airtight container in a cool, dry spot.