Gluten-free banana bread
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 3/4 cup gluten-free baking mix
- 1 1/2 teaspoons gluten-free baking powder
- 3/4 cup LSA (ground linseed, sunflower, almond)
- 1 cup castor sugar
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 ripe bananas, peeled, mashed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Total fat 12g
Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 3g
1 Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease and line a 4-cup-capacity loaf tin with baking paper.
2 In a large bowl, combine baking mix, baking powder, LSA and sugar. In a separate bowl, beat together remaining ingredients.
3 Stir egg mixture into dry ingredients. Pour into loaf tin and bake for 1 hour, covering with foil if top of bread becomes too dark. Remove from oven. Cool 10 minutes in tin then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
125g butter, 1 cup castor sugar, 2 eggs, 375ml sour cream, 2 bananas, 1 3/4 cups self-raising flour, 1/4 cup brown sugar, 1/4 cup almonds
What we did
- Replaced butter with more bananas
- Replaced sour cream with olive oil
- Swapped flour for gluten-free flour
- Removed brown sugar
- And cut the cost!
Traditional banana bread (per serve)
Total energy 1750kJ Total fat 22g (12g saturated fat)
HFG gluten-free banana bread (per serve)
Total energy 1300kJ Total fat 11g (2g saturated fat)
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us