Healthier anzac biscuits
- 1 cup rolled oatsoatmeal uncookedX
- 1/2 cup plain flourall purpose flourX
- 1/4 cup plain wholemeal flour
- 1/2 cup dessicated coconut
- 1/2 cup brown sugarlight brown cane sugarX
- 2 tablespoons golden syrupmaple syrup corn syrupX
- 1/4 cup canola or rice bran oil
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons water
1Preheat oven to 180°C and line a baking tray with baking paper. Combine oats, flours, coconut and sugar in a bowl.
2 Combine golden syrup, oil and water in a microwave-proof bowl and stir to combine. Microwave on HIGH for 25–30 seconds. Whisk in baking soda until well combined (it might foam up a little).
3 Add syrup mixture to dry ingredients and mix well. Drop teaspoonfuls of mixture onto baking tray, leaving space between them (they will spread). Flatten with your fingers or a fork.
4 Bake for 10–15 minutes, until golden. Remove to a wire rack to cool.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 4.4g
–Saturated fat 1.3g
Dietary fibre 1.1g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us