Healthier anzac biscuits
- 1 cup rolled oatsoatmeal uncookedX
- 1/2 cup plain flourall purpose flourX
- 1/4 cup plain wholemeal flour
- 1/2 cup dessicated coconut
- 1/2 cup brown sugarlight brown cane sugarX
- 2 tablespoons golden syrupmaple syrup corn syrupX
- 1/4 cup canola or rice bran oil
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons water
1Preheat oven to 180°C and line a baking tray with baking paper. Combine oats, flours, coconut and sugar in a bowl.
2 Combine golden syrup, oil and water in a microwave-proof bowl and stir to combine. Microwave on HIGH for 25–30 seconds. Whisk in baking soda until well combined (it might foam up a little).
3 Add syrup mixture to dry ingredients and mix well. Drop teaspoonfuls of mixture onto baking tray, leaving space between them (they will spread). Flatten with your fingers or a fork.
4 Bake for 10–15 minutes, until golden. Remove to a wire rack to cool.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 4.4g
–Saturated fat 1.3g
Dietary fibre 1.1g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information