Mediterranean-style vege flatbreads
(at time of publication)
- olive spray oil
- 400g gluten-free flatbread or Turkish bread (we used Bakeworks pull apart)
- 4 teaspoons gluten-free basil pesto
- 400g can cherry tomatoes
- ¼ cup oil free sundried tomatoes, chopped
- 1 ½ cups brown capped mushrooms
- ½ eggplantaubergineX, sliced and char-grilled
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 cup grated reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 2 cups rocketarugulaX
1 Preheat oven to 190°C. Lightly grease a baking tray and line with baking paper. Slice the flatbread in half and then in half again to make 4 bases.
2 Spread each base with pesto. Top with cherry tomatoes and juice, then the remaining vegetables, except the rocket. Sprinkle with cheese.
3 Spray pizzas with olive oil and bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes until cheese is melted and bread is lightly golden. Top with rocket and season with pepper.
Serve with Warm potato and carrot salad (see tip) to boost the veges in your meal.
Warm potato and carrot salad
Cost per serve $3.10
Time to make 25 minutes
400g small potatoes, sliced
2 carrots, sliced
200g Brussels sprouts, frozen or fresh
4 cups baby spinach leaves
3 spring onions, sliced
1 teaspoon Tuscan seasoning
3 tablespoons balsamic dressing — made with 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar and 1 tablespoon oil
3 tablespoons flaked almonds, toasted
Step 1 Place potatoes and carrots in a pan of boiling lightly salted water and simmer for 12-14 minutes. Add Brussels sprouts and cook for a further 4 minutes.
Step 2 Drain veg and place in a serving bowl. Add spinach leaves, onions, seasoning and dressing. Toss lightly to coat.
Step 3 Sprinkle with almonds and serve with pizza.
Make it gluten free: Check seasoning is gluten free.
- High fibre, dairy free, vegetarian
- Energy 710kJ/169cal, protein 6g, total fat 7g, sat fat 1g, carbs 20g, sugars 5g, fibre 6g, sodium 270mg, calcium 100mg, iron 2mg
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 17g
–Saturated fat 6g
Dietary fibre 6g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.