Haloumi, courgette and capsicum kebabs
- 120g haloumi, cut into 8 pieces
- 1 medium red capsicum, roughly chopped
- 1 medium yellow capsicum, roughly chopped
- 1 small red onion, roughly chopped
- 2 medium courgetteszucchini, summer squashX, roughly chopped
- 8 wooden (soaked) or metal skewers
- ⅓ cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh oregano, plus extra, to garnish
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh rosemary, plus extra, to garnish
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- oil spray
- 120g baby mesclun salad leaves
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, peeled into ribbons
- 1 stalk celery, thinly sliced diagonally
- 50g snow pea sprouts, trimmed
- 4 toasted wholemeal pitas, to serve
1 Thread haloumi, capsicums, onion and courgettes alternately onto skewers. Place kebabs on a large plate in a single layer.
2 Combine 1/4 cup of the lemon juice with oregano, rosemary and half of the olive oil in a small jug to make marinade. Brush kebabs with marinade, cover with a piece of cling film and refrigerate for 30 minutes, if time permits.
3 Lightly spray a barbecue hotplate with oil and set to a medium-high heat. Cook kebabs, turning often, for 10 minutes, or until vegetables are tender.
4 Meanwhile, combine remaining lemon juice and olive oil in a salad bowl. Add salad leaves, cucumber, celery and sprouts to bowl. Toss.
5 Garnish vegetable kebabs with extra oregano and rosemary and serve with green salad and torn toasted pita.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 18g
–Saturated fat 7g
Dietary fibre 10g
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free pita bread.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us