Herbed fish parcels with kumara wedges and coleslaw
Time to make: 1 hr 10 mins
( Hands-on time: 30 mins )
(at time of publication)
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 600g kumara, peeled and cut in wedges
- oil spray
- 1 teaspoon Cajun spice mix
- 4 × 150g white fish fillets
- 2 teaspoons dill, chopped
- 1 lemon, 2 teaspoons lemon rind, finely grated
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 500g cabbage, finely shredded
- 2 carrots, grated
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
Total fat 7g
Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 9g
1 Preheat oven to 200°C and line a large baking tray with non-stick baking paper.
2 Spray kumara wedges lightly with oil and sprinkle with Cajun spice mix. Toss to coat. Arrange in a single layer on prepared tray and bake for 25 minutes.
3 Meanwhile, tear 4 squares of non-stick baking paper. Place a fish fillet on each sheet and sprinkle with dill and lemon rind. Season with pepper. Fold and wrap baking paper securely to enclose fish then place on a baking tray. Add to oven and cook for 15 minutes (so kumara cooks for 40 minutes in total).
4 To make coleslaw, combine cabbage, carrots, onion and parsley in a large bowl. Add mayonnaise and lemon juice. Toss to combine. Serve coleslaw with fish and wedges.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free varieties of Cajun spice mix and mayonnaise.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us