Pan-seared fish with couscous tabbouleh salad
(at time of publication)
- 1 cup wholemeal couscous
- 4 tomatoes, finely chopped
- 2 cups telegraph cucumber, diced
- 1 yellow capsicum, finely diced
- 1 red onion, finely diced
- Large handful of parsley and/or mint, finely chopped
- 2 lemons, juice and rind
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- oil spray
- 4 (180g each) firm white fish fillets (such as hoki, hake, orange roughy, trevally, blue cod)
- 1 tablespoon Tuscan or Cajun seasoning
- 1 lemon cut into wedges, to serve
1 In a large bowl, prepare couscous according to packet instructions.
2 Add tomatoes, cucumber, capsicum, onion, parsley and/or mint, lemon rind and juice, olive oil and black pepper to the couscous. Toss well and set aside.
3 Spray a large frying pan with oil. Place over medium-high heat. Sprinkle fish with seasoning and cook for 2-3 minutes each side or until cooked through. Serve fish on top of the tabbouleh with lemon wedges.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 10g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 9g
Make it gluten free: Use quinoa or gluten-free couscous instead of couscous and check seasonings are gluten free.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us