Pan-seared fish with couscous tabbouleh saladReviewed by our expert panel
(at time of publication)
- 1 cup wholemeal couscous
- 4 tomatoes, finely chopped
- 2 cups telegraph cucumber, diced
- 1 yellow capsicum, finely diced
- 1 red onion, finely diced
- Large handful of parsley and/or mint, finely chopped
- 2 lemons, juice and rind
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- spray oil
- 4 (180g each) firm white fish fillets (such as hoki, hake, orange roughy, trevally, blue cod)
- 1 tablespoon Tuscan or Cajun seasoning
- 1 lemon cut into wedges, to serve
1 In a large bowl, prepare couscous according to packet instructions.
2 Add tomatoes, cucumber, capsicum, onion, parsley and/or mint, lemon rind and juice, olive oil and black pepper to the couscous. Toss well and set aside.
3 Spray a large frying pan with oil. Place over medium-high heat. Sprinkle fish with seasoning and cook for 2-3 minutes each side or until cooked through. Serve fish on top of the tabbouleh with lemon wedges.
Make it gluten free: Use quinoa or gluten-free couscous instead of couscous and check seasonings are gluten free.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 10g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 9g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information