Moroccan lamb and roasted veges
- 2 small courgetteszucchini, summer squashX, chopped
- 1 red capsicum, thickly sliced
- 1 yellow capsicum, thickly sliced
- 2 small Lebanese eggplantaubergineXs, cut in rounds
- 2 medium red onions, cut in thin wedges
- 300g pumpkin, peeled, cut in 3cm pieces
- cooking spray oil
- 2 x 200g lamb backstraps
- 1 ½ tablespoons Moroccan seasoning
- ½ tablespoon olive oil
- 150g green beans, trimmed
- 200g baby spinach
- 1 lemon, 1 tablespoon juice
Log In or Sign Up to save this recipe to your shopping list.
1 Preheat oven to 200°C. Place vegetables on a baking tray and spray with oil. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until tender.
2 Meanwhile, sprinkle both sides of lamb with seasoning. Heat half the oil in a large frying pan over a high heat. Cook lamb for 3-4 minutes each side for medium, or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate. Stand, covered, for 5 minutes before slicing.
3 Steam beans and refresh in cold water. Drain. Transfer to a large bowl and add spinach, lemon juice and remaining oil. Serve greens with lamb and roasted vegetables.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free seasoning.
Want more? You can double the serve of pumpkin for just 140kJ more per person.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 7g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 7g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.