Speedy squid spaghetti
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 320g spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 small chilli, optional
- 4 sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup frozen diced capsicum
- 2 x 400g cans cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 350–400g frozen squid rings (we used Shore Mariner), defrosted
- freshly ground black pepper
- 300g frozen spinach leaves, defrosted
- To serve
- 4 lemon slices
- fresh basil leaves
Total fat 6g
Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 12g
1 Bring a large pan of lightly salted water to the boil. Cook spaghetti according to packet instructions.
2 Meanwhile heat oil in a pan. Add onion, garlic and chilli, if using, and cook until softened. Add sundried tomatoes, capsicum, canned tomatoes, basil and sugar and heat for a few minutes.
3 Stir in squid. Heat over a gentle heat until cooked through but still tender.
4 Drain spaghetti and mix with sauce and spinach leaves. Season with pepper. Serve with a handful of fresh basil leaves and a lemon slice.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free pasta.
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
- (0 / 5)