Coconut and cashew curry with roast vegetables
- 2 tablespoons roughly chopped cashew nuts, plus extra to serve
- 1-2 tablespoons Thai curry paste
- 400g can lite coconut milk
- 1 ½ cups trim milk
- 1 quantity Roasted vegetables
- 200g shelf-fresh noodles noodles
- 1 large handful sugar snap peas, halved
- 1 medium handful fresh coriandercilantroX, chopped, plus extra to serve
- ½ lime
- 3 tablespoons water
1 Put cashew nuts in a large saucepan and heat gently, shaking the pan, for 1-2 minutes, until golden. Remove from heat and stir in curry paste and 3 tablespoons of water. Add coconut milk and milk and return pan to heat. Cover and bring to the boil, stirring occasionally. Add roasted vegetables, then cover and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
2 Meanwhile, cook noodles in boiling water according to packet instructions. Drain, then add to curry mixture with sugar snap peas and coriander. Squeeze in lime juice and stir well. Spoon into bowls and serve immediately, with extra coriander and cashew nuts scattered over.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 21g
–Saturated fat 7g
Dietary fibre 11g
Make it gluten free: Use gluten free noodles and check curry paste is gluten free.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us