Lamb with lentil and mint salad
(at time of publication)
- 3 carrots, diced
- 2 cups diced pumpkin, 2cm pieces
- 2 red capsicums, cut in chunks
- 2 cans lentils, no salt added, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup mint leaves, roughly torn
- 1 to 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cups rocketarugulaX leaves
- 400g lamb leg steaks
- 100g reduced-salt feta, crumbled
1 Preheat oven to 200°C. Place carrots, pumpkin and capsicum on a baking dish and roast for 25 minutes, or until soft.
2 Meanwhile, combine lentils, feta, mint leaves and rocket in a bowl. Set aside.
3 Cook lamb steaks over a high heat for 3-5 minutes, until medium-rare. Set aside to rest and cover with foil.
4 When vegetables are cooked, remove from oven and add to lentil mixture. Stir through. Add feta. Arrange lentil salad on plates.
5 Slice lamb in thick slices and add to plates. Pour any meat juices over.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 14g
–Saturated fat 7g
Dietary fibre 8g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us