Lamb with lentil and mint saladReviewed by our expert panel
(at time of publication)
- 3 carrots, diced
- 2 cups diced pumpkin, 2cm pieces
- 2 red capsicums, cut in chunks
- 2 cans lentils, no salt added, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup mint leaves, roughly torn
- 1 to 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cups rocketarugulaX leaves
- 400g lamb leg steaks
- 100g reduced-salt feta, crumbled
1 Preheat oven to 200°C. Place carrots, pumpkin and capsicum on a baking dish and roast for 25 minutes, or until soft.
2 Meanwhile, combine lentils, feta, mint leaves and rocket in a bowl. Set aside.
3 Cook lamb steaks over a high heat for 3-5 minutes, until medium-rare. Set aside to rest and cover with foil.
4 When vegetables are cooked, remove from oven and add to lentil mixture. Stir through. Add feta. Arrange lentil salad on plates.
5 Slice lamb in thick slices and add to plates. Pour any meat juices over.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 14g
–Saturated fat 7g
Dietary fibre 8g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information