Mustard and juniper berry salmon with kumara mash
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
1 orange kumara, peeled and quartered
100g salmon fillet, skin and
1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
8 juniper berries, chopped or crushed (see tips)
1 lemon slice
1 large pinch paprika
1 teaspoon lemon juice
cracked black pepper
1 cup small broccoli florets
1 cup bok choy or other leafy greens
chilli flakes (optional)
Total fat 31g
Saturated fat 8g
Dietary fibre 14g
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Fill a medium saucepan with water and bring to the boil. Add kumara and cook until tender (about 8-10 minutes). Drain.
- Spread top of salmon with mustard and sprinkle with juniper berries. Place lemon slice on top. Wrap in tinfoil or baking paper, lightly greased with oil spray. Place in the centre of oven and cook until salmon is pale pink on the outside and just cooked inside (about 8 minutes).
- While salmon is cooking, fill the same saucepan with water and bring to the boil.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl place cooked kumara, paprika, lemon juice and pepper and mash well.
- Add broccoli to saucepan and boil for about 4 minutes until just tender. Add bok choy or other leafy greens and cook for a further 2 minutes. Drain and top with pepper and chilli, if using.
- Serve salmon fillet with kumara mash and greens on the side.
Make it gluten free: Check mustard and paprika are gluten free.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us