Oregano and lemon chicken with kale and chickpeas
(at time of publication)
- 2 x 250g chicken breast fillets
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, chopped
- zest and juice of ½ lemon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus extra 2 teaspoons
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 medium red capsicums, seeded, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 400g can no-added-salt chickpeagarbanzoXsgarbanzosX, rinsed, drained
- ¼ cup salt-reduced chicken stock
1 bunch curly kale, trimmed, central vein removed, leaves chopped Lemon wedges, and 4 potatoes, boiled, to serve1 Slice chicken breast fillets horizontally through the centre to make 4 thin fillets. Combine oregano, lemon zest, lemon juice and olive oil in a shallow ceramic dish. Add chicken fillets and turn to coat. Cover dish and place in fridge to marinate for 30 minutes.
2 Place a large chargrill pan or non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Drain fillets of excess marinade, add to pan and cook for 2–3 minutes each side, or until cooked through.
3 Meanwhile, heat extra olive oil in a large non-stick saucepan set over medium heat. Add sliced onion and capsicums to pan and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes, or until soft. Add garlic and cook, stirring, for 1 more minute. Add chickpeas and stock then simmer for 2 minutes. Add chopped kale and cook, tossing with tongs, for 1-2 minutes, or until just wilted.
4 Season chickpeas and kale with cracked black pepper and divide among 4 plates. Top each dish with a chicken fillet and serve with a lemon wedge and a boiled potato.
Make it gluten free: Check stock is gluten free.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 11g
–Saturated fat 22g
Dietary fibre 10g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.