- 1 portion Basic mixed root vege mash (see tip)
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 2 x 185g cans tuna or salmon in spring water, drained
- ½ cup corn sweetcornXkernels
- 2 spring onions, chopped finely
- ¾ cup wholemeal breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- oil spray
- 250g pak choy or other Asian greens
- 1 small cucumber, sliced
- 1 ½ cups cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 6 tablespoons balsamic dressing
1 Remove mash from freezer the night before. Preheat oven to 190°C. Place mash in a large bowl and add curry powder, fish, corn, onions, three-quarters of breadcrumbs and egg. Mix well then season. Divide in even-sized pattie-cake shapes.
2 Place on a lightly greased baking tray. Sprinkle over remaining breadcrumbs and bake for 20 minutes or until lightly golden. Meanwhile, prepare salad by mixing all ingredients together.
3 Serve fishcakes (2 per serve) with salad.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 14g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 8g
This recipe is part of our Cook once, meals for a week feature… all it takes is one Sunday afternoon cooking session to have dinner sorted for the week ahead!
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us