Mustard and juniper berry salmon with kumara mash
(at time of publication)
- 1 orange kumarasweet-potatoX, peeled and quartered
- 100g salmon fillet, skin and
- bones removed
- ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 8 juniper berries, chopped or crushed (see tips)
- 1 lemon slice
- spray oil
- 1 large pinch paprika
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- cracked black pepper
- 1 cup small broccoli florets
- 1 cup bok choy or other leafy greens
- chilli flakes (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Fill a medium saucepan with water and bring to the boil. Add kumara and cook until tender (about 8-10 minutes). Drain.
- Spread top of salmon with mustard and sprinkle with juniper berries. Place lemon slice on top. Wrap in tinfoil or baking paper, lightly greased with oil spray. Place in the centre of oven and cook until salmon is pale pink on the outside and just cooked inside (about 8 minutes).
- While salmon is cooking, fill the same saucepan with water and bring to the boil.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl place cooked kumara, paprika, lemon juice and pepper and mash well.
- Add broccoli to saucepan and boil for about 4 minutes until just tender. Add bok choy or other leafy greens and cook for a further 2 minutes. Drain and top with pepper and chilli, if using.
- Serve salmon fillet with kumara mash and greens on the side.
Make it gluten free: Check mustard and paprika are gluten free.
Juniper berries are also known as the flavouring for gin. Find them in the spice section at the supermarket.
You can use a pestle and mortar to crush the berries if you like.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 31g
–Saturated fat 8g
Dietary fibre 14g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.