Peach melba trifle
Time to make: 30 mins , plus 2 hrs chilling
(at time of publication)
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 2 sachets Weight Watchers no-sugar orange jelly
- 6 sponge fingers, broken into pieces
- 2/3 cup raspberries
- 1/3 cup blueberries
- 1 peach or nectarine, sliced
- 1 1/3 cup trim milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla paste
- 4 teaspoons custard powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- To decorate
- fresh raspberries, mint sprigs
- sprinkling ground cinnamon (you could also use grated chocolate)
Total fat 2g
Saturated fat 0g
Dietary fibre 2g
1 Dissolve jelly in 2 cups of boiling water. Stir in cup cold water and leave to cool.
2 Divide the sponge between the glasses. Add a mix of raspberries, blueberries and nectarines.
3 Once jelly is cooled pour over fruit and leave to set.
4 Make custard by placing 1 cup of milk and vanilla in pan and heat until hot. Mix remaining milk with custard powder and sugar to make a paste. Pour hot milk over the paste. Mix and return to pan, stirring over a gentle heat until thickened. Leave to cool.
5 Spoon cooled custard over set jelly. Leave to chill. Decorate with berries, mint and ground cinnamon.