Warm bok choy and cranberry salad
(at time of publication)
- ¾ cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- ¼ cup water
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- spray oil
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 250g bok choy, half shredded other half leaves kept whole
- 200g baby spinach
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, peeled, cubed
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- ⅓ cup sultanasgolden raisinsX
- ⅓ cup walnuts, chopped
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
1 Place cranberries in a pan with water and sugar. Heat for 5 minutes until sugar has dissolved and cranberries softened. Set aside to cool slightly.
2 Heat a pan with oil spray. Add red onion and cook until softened. Add shredded bok choy and spinach with a little more oil spray. Cook for 2-3 minutes until just wilted, adding a little extra spray if necessary.
3 Line a serving dish with reserved whole bok choy leaves. Add wilted leaves and onion with cucumber, spring onions, sultanas and walnuts. Combine dressing ingredients then pour over salad and toss lightly. Top with cranberries and serve warm.
- If you can’t find cranberries, use 1/2 cup dried cranberries.
- Make it gluten free: Check mustard is gluten free.
The salad can be prepared ahead but don’t add cranberries until ready for serving.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 8g
–Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 2g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.