Creamy mustard chicken
Last updated date: 14 October 2020
- 2 tablespoons wholegrain mustard
- 1–2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup (175ml) hot reduced-salt chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme or a few fresh sprigs, finely chopped
- spray oil
- 2 skinless chicken breasts (550g), sliced
- 600g new potatoes
- 320g green beans, trimmed
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
1 Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/gas 6. Combine the mustard, garlic, stock and thyme in a jug or bowl. Set aside.
2 Spray a non-stick frying pan with a little oil, then cook the chicken over a high heat for 2–3 min until golden. Transfer to a baking dish, pour over the mustard sauce and toss to coat. Bake for 20–25 min until cooked through, turning halfway through.
3 Meanwhile, steam the potatoes for 10–15 min until tender. Add the potatoes to the chicken for the last 5 min of its cooking time, tossing to coat in the sauce. Steam the green beans for 5 min.
4 Remove the chicken dish from the oven and stir through the cream. Divide among 4 plates and serve with the beans.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 5g
–Saturated fat 1.7g
Dietary fibre 4.6g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.