Prawn and pea risotto
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 1 1/2 cups frozen peas, thawed
- 5 cups salt-reduced chicken or vegetable stock, heated
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 cups arborio rice
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons basil pesto
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 cups frozen prawns, defrosted
- fresh basil and fresh mint, to garnish
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
Total fat 13g
Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 3g
1 Place half the peas in a blender and purée. Set aside. Heat stock in a saucepan to nearly boiling point, then lower heat.
2 To make risotto, heat first measure of olive oil in a large, heavy-based pan. Add onion and garlic. Gently cook until softened but not browned. Add rice and stir to coat. Add wine. Allow to evaporate.
3 Gradually add hot stock to rice, stirring continuously, so liquid is absorbed and rice is tender. Add pea purée, whole peas, pesto and parmesan. Stir to combine. Add more liquid if a soupy texture is preferred. Add lemon zest, juice and seasoning.
4 In a separate hot pan, toss prawns for a few minutes until cooked through. Divide risotto among 6 plates. Serve topped with prawns, herbs and drizzled olive oil.Recipe reproduced from eating in, fabulous food for friends and family, by Niki Bezzant
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free stock, wine and pesto.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us