Quick prawn risotto
(at time of publication)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 onion , diced
- 2 x 250g pouches SunRice 90 seconds white rice
- ¾ cup salt-reduced chicken stock
- 1 lemon, finely grated rind and ¼ cup juice
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan
- 600g cooked prawns, peeled, de-veined (about 6 per person)
- ½ cup torn basil leaves (optional)
- pepper, to season
- extra parmesan, shaved, to serve
- 4 cups rocketarugulaX, to serve
1 Heat oil in a deep non-stick frying pan over a barbecue wok burner on a medium heat. Add onion. Cook for 3 minutes, or until soft. Add rice and stir until well combined. Add stock, 3/4 cup of water, lemon rind and juice. Stir until well combined and mixture comes to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 6-8 minutes, or until rice is hot and liquid has reduced by two-thirds.
2 Add parmesan and prawns. Stir until well combined. Cook for 1 minute, or until prawns are heated through. Stir basil through (if using). Season risotto with pepper. Serve topped with extra parmesan and rocket on the side.
Fish or other seafood also work well in this recipe.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 5g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 2g
Last updated date: 17 February 2021
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.