Ricotta and capsicum-stuffed chicken
Time to make: 35 mins
(at time of publication)
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 900g kumarasweet-potatoX, peeled, cut in 2cm chunks
- oil spray
- 250g light ricotta cheese
- 150g chargrilled capsicums, not in oil, finely chopped
- 100g pitted green olives, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 6 x 150g skinless, boneless chicken breast fillets
- 1/4 cup basil pesto, to serve
- 6 cups cooked greens (eg. beans, broccoli)
Total fat 16g
Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 9g
1 Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a large baking tray with baking paper. Place kumara on tray and spray with oil. Roast for 25-30 minutes or until golden.
2 Meanwhile, combine ricotta, capsicum, olives and basil in a small bowl. Season with ground black pepper. Slice a deep pocket into each chicken breast, being careful not to cut all the way through. Stuff each pocket with ricotta mixture and secure with a toothpick.
3 Spray a large, non-stick frying pan with oil and place over a high heat. Cook chicken for 2 minutes each side or until golden brown. Transfer chicken onto a large baking tray and bake for 10-12 minutes or until cooked through.
4 Divide chicken and kumara among 4 serving plates and 2 lunchboxes. Dollop some pesto on chicken and serve with veges.
NOTE: Nutrition information, time to make and costings apply to main dinner recipe only.
Lunch tomorrow: Chicken, kumara and pesto salad
Cost per serve: $1.76
Time to make: 5 minutes
2 serves leftover Ricotta and capsicum-stuffed chicken
2 cups salad greens
1 tablespoon lemon juice
Step 1 Warm chicken in microwave for 1 minute before slicing. Slice chicken in 1cm-thick slices. Toss with leftover kumara, cooked veges and salad greens.
Step 2 Whisk together pesto and lemon juice. Drizzle salad with pesto dressing.
Tip: If you want a hot lunch, warm the rest of the salad for 1 minute. You can also add your favourite balsamic dressing.
Make it gluten free: Check store-bought basil pesto is gluten free.
- Diabetes friendly, high fibre, low cost
- 2130kJ/508cal, 44g protein, 16g total fat, 4g sat fat, 45g carbs, 13g sugars, 9g fibre, 560mg sodium, 240mg calcium, 3mg iron
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
- (0 / 5)
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us