Ginger pork and cashew stir-fry
(at time of publication)
- 500g thinly sliced pork stir-fry strips
- 1 tablespoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- spray oil
- 800g fresh or frozen stir-fry vegetables
- ¾ cup reduced-salt chicken stock
- ¼ cup store-bought plum sauce
- ¼ cup roasted cashews
- 2 x 250g packet microwavable brown rice
- 3 spring onions, thinly sliced
1 Combine pork and grated ginger in a bowl. Heat oil in a wok over high heat. Stir-fry pork for 3–5 minutes, or until browned and just cooked through. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
2 Return wok to heat and spray with oil. Add vegetables, stock and plum sauce. Cook for 2 minutes, or until sauce thickens and vegetables are tender. Return pork to wok with cashews and stir-fry for 1 minute, or until heated through and coated in sauce.
3 Meanwhile, heat brown rice according to packet directions. Serve pork stir-fry with rice and garnish with sliced spring onions.
Make it gluten free: Check stock and plum sauce are gluten free.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 16g
–Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 11g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information