Roasted vegetable salad with walnuts and orange dressing
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 1 large kumara, cut in chunks
- 1 large beetrootbeetsX, peeled, cut in chunks
- 2 large carrots, scrubbed, cut in batons
- 2 cups pumpkin, cut in chunks
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 orange, zest and juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugarlight brown cane sugarX
- 50g walnut pieces
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 1-2 tablespoons runny honey
- 1/2 cup low-fat plain yoghurt*
- 1 orange, 1/4 cup juice and zest
Total fat 6g
Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 4g
1 Preheat oven to 200°C. Place vegetables in a roasting pan with garlic. Toss in oil.
2 Roast all vegetables except spinach for about 20 minutes or until nearly tender. Toss in orange zest, juice and brown sugar. Continue cooking until juice is evaporated and vegetables are completely cooked. While vegetables are roasting, place walnuts in a pan over a low heat and toast for 10 minutes or until browned.
3 To make dressing, warm honey slightly in microwave. Add yoghurt, orange juice and zest. Mix well. Add more honey if you prefer a sweeter dressing.
4 In a large bowl or platter layer baby spinach then roasted vegetables. Toss through toasted walnuts and drizzle over dressing.