Pea, asparagus and avocado lemon salad
- 250g sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 200g radish, thinly sliced
- 250g asparagus
- spray oil
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, sliced
- ⅓ cup pecans or walnuts, chopped
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- ½ cup fresh mint, chopped
- ½ cup fresh coriandercilantroX, chopped
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil or canola oil
- 1 tablespoon liquid honey
1 Place peas in a heatproof bowl and pour enough boiling water over just to cover. Leave for 1 minute. Drain then plunge in cold water until cool. Drain again. Prepare asparagus the same way but leave for 2 minutes in boiling water.
2 Halve any thicker asparagus. Arrange all salad vegetables on a platter, tossing avocado in half the lemon juice.
3 Mix the remaining lemon juice and other dressing ingredients together. Pour over salad, sprinkle with nuts and season.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 15g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 4g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like