Pea, asparagus and avocado lemon salad
- 250g sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 200g radish, thinly sliced
- 250g asparagus
- oil spray
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, sliced
- ⅓ cup pecans or walnuts, chopped
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- ½ cup fresh mint, chopped
- ½ cup fresh coriandercilantroX, chopped
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil or canola oil
- 1 tablespoon liquid honey
1 Place peas in a heatproof bowl and pour enough boiling water over just to cover. Leave for 1 minute. Drain then plunge in cold water until cool. Drain again. Prepare asparagus the same way but leave for 2 minutes in boiling water.
2 Halve any thicker asparagus. Arrange all salad vegetables on a platter, tossing avocado in half the lemon juice.
3 Mix the remaining lemon juice and other dressing ingredients together. Pour over salad, sprinkle with nuts and season.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 15g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 4g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us