Sesame tuna with stir-fried noodles
- 600g udon noodles
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 4 x 150g tuna steaks
- spray oil
- 3cm piece fresh ginger, peeled, cut in thin matchsticks
- 400g pack frozen Chinese stir-fry vegetables
- 2 tablespoons mirin
- 1 tablespoon salt-reduced soy sauce
1 Cook noodles following packet directions. Drain then rinse. Set aside. Spread sesame seeds onto a large plate. Press each piece of fish into seeds to coat.
2 Spray a large frying pan with oil and place over a high heat. Cook tuna for 1-2 minutes each side (for medium) or until cooked to your liking. Remove from pan and set aside.
3 Spray frying pan with a little more oil and place over a high heat. Add ginger and vegetables to pan. Stir-fry for 2 minutes or until tender-crisp. Add cooked noodles, mirin and soy sauce and toss together until well combined.
4 Slice tuna thickly and serve over noodles and vegetables.
- For a cheaper version of this dish, use frozen fish fillets.
- Make it gluten free: Use rice noodles and check soy sauce is gluten free.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 12g
–Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 8g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like