Sesame tuna with stir-fried noodles
- 600g udon noodles
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 4 x 150g tuna steaks
- oil spray
- 3cm piece fresh ginger, peeled, cut in thin matchsticks
- 400g pack frozen Chinese stir-fry vegetables
- 2 tablespoons mirin
- 1 tablespoon salt-reduced soy sauce
1 Cook noodles following packet directions. Drain then rinse. Set aside. Spread sesame seeds onto a large plate. Press each piece of fish into seeds to coat.
2 Spray a large frying pan with oil and place over a high heat. Cook tuna for 1-2 minutes each side (for medium) or until cooked to your liking. Remove from pan and set aside.
3 Spray frying pan with a little more oil and place over a high heat. Add ginger and vegetables to pan. Stir-fry for 2 minutes or until tender-crisp. Add cooked noodles, mirin and soy sauce and toss together until well combined.
4 Slice tuna thickly and serve over noodles and vegetables.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 12g
–Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 8g
- For a cheaper version of this dish, use frozen fish fillets.
- Make it gluten free: Use rice noodles and check soy sauce is gluten free.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us