Mini lamb roast with Mediterranean veges
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 1/4 cup couscous
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 1 tablespoon slivered almonds, toasted, chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup chargrilled red capsicum, chopped
- 600g (or 2 x 300g) lamb mini round roast
- olive oil cooking spray
- 1 medium red onion, cut in wedges
- 1 medium eggplantaubergineX, halved lengthways, sliced in rounds
- 2 medium courgetteszucchini, summer squashX, halved, chopped
- 1 medium yellow capsicum, thickly sliced
- 125g cherry tomatoes
- fresh basil, to garnish
Total fat 17g
Saturated fat 6g
Dietary fibre 4g
1 Preheat oven to about 200°C. Place couscous in a heatproof bowl. Add water. Cover and stand for 5 minutes. Stir with a fork to separate grains.
2 To make stuffing, add almonds, parsley and red capsicum. Stir to combine.
3 Using a small sharp knife, cut roast(s) lengthways, being careful not to cut all the way through. Place stuffing along centre of meat and roll up to enclose. Tie with twine at 3cm intervals. Place on a baking tray. Spray with oil.
4 Roast lamb for 25-30 minutes for medium or until cooked to your liking. Transfer lamb to a plate. Cover with foil. Set aside for 5 minutes to rest.
5 Place onion, eggplant, courgettes and yellow capsicum on a large baking tray. Spray with oil. Add tomatoes to pan. Roast for 10 minutes or until golden and tender. Slice lamb thickly and serve with vegetables. Garnish with basil.
Time saver: Use leftover lamb in sandwiches or slice meat thinly and toss through a spinach and rocket salad with any leftover vegetables. Dress with balsamic vinegar and a touch of oil.
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
- (0 / 5)
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us