Mini lamb roast with Mediterranean veges
(at time of publication)
- ¼ cup couscous
- ¼ cup boiling water
- 1 tablespoon slivered almonds, toasted, chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- ¼ cup chargrilled red capsicum, chopped
- 600g (or 2 x 300g) lamb mini round roast
- olive oil cooking spray
- 1 medium red onion, cut in wedges
- 1 medium eggplantaubergineX, halved lengthways, sliced in rounds
- 2 medium courgetteszucchini, summer squashX, halved, chopped
- 1 medium yellow capsicum, thickly sliced
- 125g cherry tomatoes
- fresh basil, to garnish
1 Preheat oven to about 200°C. Place couscous in a heatproof bowl. Add water. Cover and stand for 5 minutes. Stir with a fork to separate grains.
2 To make stuffing, add almonds, parsley and red capsicum. Stir to combine.
3 Using a small sharp knife, cut roast(s) lengthways, being careful not to cut all the way through. Place stuffing along centre of meat and roll up to enclose. Tie with twine at 3cm intervals. Place on a baking tray. Spray with oil.
4 Roast lamb for 25-30 minutes for medium or until cooked to your liking. Transfer lamb to a plate. Cover with foil. Set aside for 5 minutes to rest.
5 Place onion, eggplant, courgettes and yellow capsicum on a large baking tray. Spray with oil. Add tomatoes to pan. Roast for 10 minutes or until golden and tender. Slice lamb thickly and serve with vegetables. Garnish with basil.
Time saver: Use leftover lamb in sandwiches or slice meat thinly and toss through a spinach and rocket salad with any leftover vegetables. Dress with balsamic vinegar and a touch of oil.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 17g
–Saturated fat 6g
Dietary fibre 4g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.