- dried noodles for 4 people
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- ½ medium onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- ½ red capsicum, sliced
- 1 fresh chilli, chopped (optional)
- ¼ cup vegetable stock (or chicken stock)
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon chopped lemongrass
- 2 tablespoons hoi sin sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 ½ tablespoons Chinese rice wine
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh coriandercilantroX
- 2 teaspoons cornflourcornstarchX, mixed with a little cold water
1 Soak or cook noodles according to pack instructions.
2 In a large pan or wok, heat oils and stir-fry onion, garlic, capsicum and chilli (if using). Add stock, ginger, lemongrass, sauces and rice wine and mix well. Stir in noodles and toss to coat, then mix in cornflour and water and allow to thicken for a minute before serving. Garnish with chopped coriander.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 4.1g
–Saturated fat 0.5g
Dietary fibre 4.2g
Add chicken, beef or seafood to this recipe if you wish.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us