(at time of publication)
- dried noodles for 4 people
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- ½ medium onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- ½ red capsicum, sliced
- 1 fresh chilli, chopped (optional)
- ¼ cup vegetable stock (or chicken stock)
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon chopped lemongrass
- 2 tablespoons hoi sin sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 ½ tablespoons Chinese rice wine
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh coriandercilantroX
- 2 teaspoons cornflourcornstarchX, mixed with a little cold water
1 Soak or cook noodles according to pack instructions.
2 In a large pan or wok, heat oils and stir-fry onion, garlic, capsicum and chilli (if using). Add stock, ginger, lemongrass, sauces and rice wine and mix well. Stir in noodles and toss to coat, then mix in cornflour and water and allow to thicken for a minute before serving. Garnish with chopped coriander.
Add chicken, beef or seafood to this recipe if you wish.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 4.1g
–Saturated fat 0.5g
Dietary fibre 4.2g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.