Vietnamese fish cakes
(at time of publication)
- 1 cup mashed cooked kumarasweet-potatoX or potato
- 2 x 180g cans tuna in spring water, drained
- 2 tablespoons flour
- ¼ cup chopped fresh coriandercilantroX
- 2 tablespoons green curry paste
- 2 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon zest of lemon
- ½ cup finely chopped green beans
- spray oil
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 3 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoon sweet chilli sauce
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 red chilli, deseeded, finely chopped
- 1 spring onion, finely chopped
1 Mix all ingredients together in a bowl. Shape into about 16 balls and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
2 Flatten balls into patties then cook in a non-stick frying pan with a little oil spray for about 2 minutes each side.
3 To make sauce, mix fish sauce, water and vinegar with sugar in a jug. Stir until sugar has dissolved. Add the remaining ingredients.
4 Serve sauce with fish cakes, garnished with fresh coriander.
Serve fish cakes with an Asian-style salad.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 5g
–Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 2g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.