Tandoori chicken skewers with lentil, green pea and cauliflower dhal
(at time of publication)
- 600g skinless chicken breasts, cut into 2 ½ cm chunks
- 1 ¼ cups low-fat plain yoghurt, plus ⅓ cup to serve
- 2 tablespoons tandoori spice
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 2 x 400g cans brown lentils, rinsed and drained
- ½ head cauliflower
- 1 cup frozen peas
- ½ cup chopped fresh coriandercilantroX
- 4 pieces wholemeal roti or naan
- 1 lemon, sliced, to serve (optional)
- Heat a grill pan or barbecue to medium. Place chicken in a shallow dish. In a bowl, combine tandoori spice with 1 1/4 cups of yoghurt. Rub tandoori yoghurt mix over chicken, massaging well. Thread chicken onto metal or bamboo (soaked in water) skewers.
- Spray a non-stick, heavy-based large pot with oil and place over a medium heat. Add curry powder and gently fry for 1 minute. Add lentils and 3/4 cup of water. Bring to boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a food processor blitz cauliflower into medium size crumbs. Add to lentils and cook for 5 minutes. Add peas, then cook another 5 minutes.
- While lentils are cooking, grill chicken skewers 3 minutes each side. Mix remaining yoghurt with half the coriander.
- Serve dhal and chicken skewers on a platter with roti, lemon slices and yoghurt on the side. Sprinkle with remaining coriander.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free bread and check spices are gluten free.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 11g
–Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 14g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us