Chicken and corn noodle soup
(at time of publication)
- 3 cups reduced-salt chicken or vegetable stock
- 3 cups water
- 5cm piece fresh ginger, peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 400g skinless chicken breast
- 150g vermicelli rice noodles
- 410g can sweet corn sweetcornXkernels, drained
- ⅓ cup salt-reduced soy sauce
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 4 spring onions, sliced
- 2 small red chillies, thinly sliced (optional)
Log In or Sign Up to save this recipe to your shopping list.
1 Combine stock, water, ginger and garlic in a large saucepan over medium heat. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Add chicken and simmer, covered, for about 10-12 minutes, or until chicken is cooked. Transfer chicken to a plate and shred.
2 Add noodles to soup and cook, stirring, for about 2 minutes, or until noodles soften.
3 Add chicken and stir until hot. Remove from heat.
4 Add remaining ingredients to soup. Use tongs to divide noodles among soup bowls. Ladle over soup and serve.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 2g
–Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 4g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.